Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Stokie on June 21, 2026, 11:23:48 AM
-
Not had my 400/4 long so I'm going through it bit by bit and apart from a carb strip and rebuild I'm nearly done. The carbs are going to have the lot done,jets needle,floats and rubbers and once done I'll be using fuel stabiliser and hopefully they won't need to come off again soon. Now do you guys buy David silver kits or have any of you used the cheaper kits that are for sale everywhere and found them to be of good quality. Your wisdom will be gratefully received.
-
Used to be a Japanese company
Cruzimage on Ebay, did lots of good kits for the sohc,I used their carb kits on my 500,
But, unless the original is so corroded and damaged, use those, just clean the bodies really well
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
I have used Keyster for the jets and float valves but used genuine for the emulsion tubes and needles. The taper on the needle is the critical bit and Keyster offer a few different variants in their tune up kits. All been ok since they were done in 2010.
For the floats, make sure that they are straight by placing them on a flat surface and make sure there's no rocking. Have seen these out of shape when folk have been heavy handed freeing off gummed up pivots.
If the original brass ware will clean up then I'll use that as a first option. Just going through that process building up a spare set of carbs.
In this day and age if a Japanese company can't drill the right size of hole in a piece of brass, then the world is doomed anyway.
NRP carbs used to keep stock of Keyster bits but have seen a few reports of them being difficult to deal with of late.
Regards
Dave