Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => SOHC Singles & Twins => Topic started by: Craizeehair on June 22, 2026, 06:23:13 PM
-
I’ve cleaned and reassembled the carbs on the CB350K2 and have found that one of the slides does not return properly when lifted. I’ve messed around and traced it to what must be the needle stopping easy return. I’ve tried it without the needle fitted so just the slide, I’ve tried it with the other needle from the other carb etc. so I am pretty confident that is the problem, the trouble I’m having is finding genuine parts to replace it with.
I’ve heard that after market kits aren’t great, does this include the needles or does it mainly apply to the jets?
If anyone knows where I could buy genuine or recommend a good quality alternative I would be grateful as I am a bit stumped?
-
Are both the needles the same ? Not been fitted either a spurious item ?
You could roll the needle across a flat surface to see if the affected one is wonky/bent to give that effect.
-
I have been riding a CB350K since the mid eighties and have at various times had slides sticking. Personally, I am not a fan of the original carbs. It is possible to fit after market slide carbs in place of the CV type. Many use Mikuni VM30, I have Amal Concentrics on mine. I have found the difference in responsiveness and tickover, starting, everything in fact to be much better.
I know this is not for everyone but might be worth researching and considering.
Also, I have a box of original carb parts which amounts to about four carbs altogether if anyone wants to make me an offer.
-
As discussed, can’t seem to send pictures on PM
-
You cant send pics on pm
-
Two complete carbs from CB250k3 plus 2 CB350k bodies and slides/ needle kits plus various bits.
-
You cant send pics on pm
“Legacy” (ancient) software.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
You cant send pics on pm
“Legacy” (ancient) software.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no problem sending a picture on a PM by pasting the BCC code via Flickr.
-
I don't know what that means and I'm an IT manager. ;D
-
And i have no idea either plus do no social media crap at all
-
My bad typing & memory its a BB Code its a thing on Flickr that enables you to share photos you have uploded.
When you go through the menu there is a tab marked BBCode, no resizing is needed, there is a choice of sizes, I make the photos public. I joined Flickr as a free member,if I ever hit my limit I will pay for the extra storage. if I delete a photo off my photostream, unfortunately its deleted wherever you have posted the BB Code - its a sort of link to the photo.
Below is a guide as to how to do it, at first I was slow, with practice its easy. To check the photo after you can use the preview here to check its the right photo & size.I am no expert with technology but regularly folk seem to have trouble uploading photos.
I was taught the following method via another blog site. If you want to post a photo from Flickr photo stream you just open the individual photo on the photostream page.
On the bottom right hand of the page you will see a row of icons - click on the forward arrow - on the new page highlight the far right option BBCode. You are then left with a window showing the URL link with a second box underneath where you select the picture size from a drop down menu. Copy & paste the whole URL highlighted link into your reply.
When you post the reply the photos appear instead of the URL links. No size reduction of the picture is needed. You need the photos to be public on Flickr.
Hope this helps folks - I can only do this on my Laptop or PC - not yet managed it on my phone.
-
I don't know what that means and I'm an IT manager. ;D
My bad it's what Flickr call a BBCode to enable photo sharing.
-
You are right Ted.
Never tried it.
BB Code = Bulletin Board Code
These forums used to be called Message Boards or Bulletin Boards back in the day.
Bulletin Board Code was what you could embed in the post that would do fancy stuff like change the colour or size of the font or insert pictures or links.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk