Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Orcade-Ian on June 28, 2026, 03:46:17 PM

Title: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: Orcade-Ian on June 28, 2026, 03:46:17 PM
Hi folks,
I have a charger which connects to my ADV scoot battery via a fused lead, direct to the battery.  I would like to connect to this, so that I can have a USB A socket for recharging my heated gloves.
It's a 2 pin connector with female connectors inside.  One side is square plastic, the other is square with a rounded end and has a latch.  I've tried vehicle wiring products site but couldn't find anything.  It's bound to be a standard unit with a name but not known to me.

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

Ian

Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 28, 2026, 04:31:30 PM
Might be worth asking Kojaycat, they sorted me a connector on my 400 after sending them  a photo.
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: ST1100 on June 28, 2026, 04:36:44 PM
Looks like a Tamiya 7.2V battery pack connector... (KET 2-P connector)
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: Orcade-Ian on June 28, 2026, 05:29:23 PM
Many thanks for the quick replies chaps, much appreciated,
KET 2P certainly looks spot on - I've just ordered 2 complete plug/socket sets complete with wiring, from eBay for the price of a coffee!
Never noticed before that you are in Wien!  Many happy times with the GoldWing along the Wachau (Dürnstein of course!) and out as far as Neusiedl and Weiden

Ian
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: ST1100 on June 28, 2026, 08:48:43 PM
Never noticed before that you are in Wien!  Many happy times with the GoldWing along the Wachau (Dürnstein of course!) and out as far as Neusiedl and Weiden
Born and raised  8)
Roaming all over Europe since I got my first ST1100 in '92... love the Brit Isles, just did (another) Scotland run in '24 (with ze GF on her NT700VA in tow  ;) )...
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 28, 2026, 10:45:44 PM
Never noticed before that you are in Wien!  Many happy times with the GoldWing along the Wachau (Dürnstein of course!) and out as far as Neusiedl and Weiden
Born and raised  8)
Roaming all over Europe since I got my first ST1100 in '92... love the Brit Isles, just did (another) Scotland run in '24 (with ze GF on her NT700VA in tow  ;) )...

I've flown into Vienna en route to Klagenfurt, my birth place.
I love the Worthesee and Villach, lovely motor cycle museum nearby, a small but interesting place with some Bubble Cars etc.
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: Orcade-Ian on June 29, 2026, 09:47:58 AM
I'm amazed at how many small private motorcycle museums there were in that region.  The one that sticks in my mind was the one in Krems (Donau) and apart from 150 or so complete machines, there were shelves all around with complete engines on.   I think it was in Ziegelofengasse just outside the town but the chap was quite old back in the 1990's, so I don't know what would have happened to the collection.  Happy memories of many holidays in Austria - last one in 2024 but only as far as the Salzkammergut (Fuschl) on the 350 Forza Scoot - all the way from Orkney!

Ian
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: ST1100 on June 29, 2026, 01:38:29 PM
Happy memories of many holidays in Austria - last one in 2024 but only as far as the Salzkammergut (Fuschl) on the 350 Forza Scoot - all the way from Orkney!
Not a lot of payload and peaking at 90mph... brave  ;)
(yeah, I'm kinda spoiled on my fat ST...  :D)
We're also kinda spoiled with all the scenery and twisty alpine roads around here... if only everything wouldn't be so clogged up with tourists all the time  ;D
Grossglockner? Nah! Queues and gridlocked all the way up as well as down the other side... at max very early in spring, or pretty late in fall/winter...  ???
The vast availability of GPS/satnav and Pedelec's didn't improve things... now every flat-lander "thinks" he can ride passes like Stelvio...  :-\
To find some peace and quiet one has to go far... Scandinavia, Scotland... avoid major cities...  8)
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: Orcade-Ian on June 29, 2026, 02:01:45 PM
Going well off topic of the original poster (oh! That was me!) I had 35 years of GoldWings and was usually 2 up with luggage on those trips, yet now with only 330cc and only ever one-up there was enough power and luggage space for 3 weeks away at 92 mpg (39km/litre), especially as I had my 75th birthday while on that trip.

Ian
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: Orcade-Ian on July 06, 2026, 09:54:40 AM
Many thanks ST1100 for the heads up on the KET 2-P connector.  Delivered today and exactly what's needed.  Has fly leads attached, so I can connect to a USB socket.

Ian
Title: Re: Anyone know this connector type?
Post by: ST1100 on July 06, 2026, 10:54:56 AM
... KET 2-P connector.  Delivered today and exactly what's needed...
That's what the Inet was originally intended for... cause 'not shared knowledge is wasted knowledge'  ;)