Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Athame57 on July 02, 2026, 12:12:13 PM
-
Does anyone know of any images or diagrams to show how to fit the return spring at the pedal? I've only just discovered this bit is missing ;D and now bought one, but it looks like it may be difficult. ::)
-
If I remember correctly you need to remove the whole brake lever pivot & shaft to fit the spring as it sits on the inside of the frame.
Others will advise if you can access it without removing the rear swing arm.
-
[attachimg=1]
You might have to remove the swing arm to release the shaft
Regards
Dave
-
I think you have to remove swing arm to get the pivot shaft out, at very lesst remove wheel and shocks to get extreme movement of arm to get room for pivot shaft to come out
-
Thanks for this guys. As it's come to this I've booked my bike into a local workshop who are rather good. Too blooming hot for that much effort without my own garage! :o
-
Can I suggest you also consider sliding some carb overflow tubing over the metal tang that goes against the frame, it protects the frame paint from damage.
-
Can I suggest you also consider sliding some carb overflow tubing over the metal tang that goes against the frame, it protects the frame paint from damage.
You can. :) I have some in the house. ;)
-
100% in agreement with Ken on the rubber tubing, that spring really does dig into the paint.
Before you remove the brake pedal George make sure you can see the dot mark on the shaft and the corresponding one on the brake pedal. If you can't see one mark it yourself otherwise you'll be taking the pedal on and off trying to find it's best position for your foot!
-
100% in agreement with Ken on the rubber tubing, that spring really does dig into the paint.
Before you remove the brake pedal George make sure you can see the dot mark on the shaft and the corresponding one on the brake pedal. If you can't see one mark it yourself otherwise you'll be taking the pedal on and off trying to find it's best position for your foot!
I behaved like an idle sod and let the professionals do it again, the job looked difficult without my own garage to do it in. Snag is I forgot to take that piece of tubing with me. Oh well, if I get problem I'll use the artists brush.... ;)