Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on July 02, 2026, 07:56:57 PM

Title: Ultrasonic cleaning.
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 02, 2026, 07:56:57 PM
As I am new to ultrasonic cleaning, what does one use for cleaning fluid? Is it magic potions or just a general purpose cleaner for mostly carb parts?
Title: Re: Ultrasonic cleaning.
Post by: ozzybud on July 02, 2026, 09:14:45 PM
This is what I use on everything including carburetors.  Nut ,bolts. Rubber footpegs come out looking like new.

https://www.amazon.com/Tillbrook-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Solution-Concentrated/dp/B0DJCKX2D6/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?crid=3VE0C4M6BOQS8&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.xW4WfktJbAeZVmq5tZ_7dbaQZDH_r_Mg0SAUJqO6GMJvlvPq-whQ9vlbw-_fHth7Zz9st0dWKTeXCp3RXkRYrt4j-D1zqXf-dwEq4t35xON8GBbbeBL6K4yRHymQ68fFw6p4glgW3aTNlUEeVlAeiwKsc3iiwrN4bwR8D9n6bmmQVF7QTIwSKsRWQ8vDq_eaL8bz2qe4cbzv2sY_y8crLg.MKuf9OufnPfgAcR3cFKVxgHQQVZQuhUT-iI6e5Jpohg&dib_tag=se&keywords=ultrasonic+cleaner+solution+for+carburetors+and+engine+parts&nsdOptOutParam=true&qid=1783023032&sprefix=ultrasonic+cleaner+solution+carb%2Caps%2C257&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1
Title: Re: Ultrasonic cleaning.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 02, 2026, 09:16:59 PM
I used Allendale Carb Cleaner, recommended by a member.
Title: Re: Ultrasonic cleaning.
Post by: Laverda Dave on July 03, 2026, 10:36:26 PM
Allendale for me as recommended by Ted (and originally by Ash).
They do a range of products for different ultrasonic applications Johnny and worth a look.
I made a local jewellers eye water a few years ago when I told him I'd put my 20 year old Citizen watch in my ultrasonic cleaner because it was so gunked up (it was safe to 50mtrs according to the dial!). It came up like new and still works fine, it was one of the original eco drives👍. Citizen watches are like an old Honda, will go on forever if used daily🙂
Title: Re: Ultrasonic cleaning.
Post by: neat street on July 04, 2026, 08:34:53 AM
I put my carb parts in a glass with petrol in it, then in the bath (filled with fluid)... cleans really well.