Honda-SOHC
General => Out & About => Topic started by: exvalvesetdabbler on July 05, 2026, 12:37:14 PM
-
I managed to get along to their annual rally at Kettering yesterday, a few bits of me went a bit numb before I arrived. Did my duty and put my bike in the line up. There were some other nice bikes there and after chatting to their owners they didn't want to be stuck there until about 1600 so left their bike in the car park.
Overall a pretty disappointing turn out. There were a handful of 400 Fours and they were all ridden there and a couple of Motor Martin framed bikes
One that's has been on my wish list was a quite tidy RD350
'Restorer Pete' was there with a CB200 engine in a BSA Bantam rolling chassis together with a loud exhaust system.
[attach=1]
[attach=2]
[attach=3]
Mine is the candy red F2 second from the front in this picture
[attach=4]
[attach=5]
Regards
Dave
-
More from the VJMC annual rally
Another on my wish list
[attach=1]
Another F2, a bit rough round the edges but looked pretty original and unmolested
[attach=2]
Regards
Dave
-
I remember when the VJMC introduced a rule that any bike entered into the concorse had to be ridden around the arena to prove it had engine internals! This was after a number of years of trailer queens taking first place and then loaded back on a trailer never to be heard!
I used to attend the rally every year but stopped going in the early 2000’s as it was the same show every year and unless you were camping and able to enjoy the clubhouse there wasn't really much there apart from a few expensive traders.
It would have been a nice idea if they had an organised run out during the rally as the Laverda club do
-
For day trippers like me and family there wasn't really anything to do and the catering was almost none existent. There was an organised ride out but since I had just arrived and a bit
numb in places , I gave that a miss.
If I go again I'll take a picnic.!
Regards
Dave
-
I was a member of the VJMC for some 25 years and attended a few of the Kettering rallies, however they were never very busy and facilities were always limited.
Eventually, a couple of years ago I did not renew, for no other reason than I became weary of fighting the electronic renewals system that in recent years has seemed to become totally inflexible and overcomplicated to me, compared with any of the other clubs that I am part of.
I still meet with the local section quite often though, and they are always very accommodating.