Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: JezzaPeach on July 05, 2026, 05:40:46 PM

Title: CB500-4 323 pipes baffle fix?
Post by: JezzaPeach on July 05, 2026, 05:40:46 PM
Hi, my original 4 pipes are very good externally, but the baffles are getting loose. Does anyone know if these can be repaired/replaced?
Title: Re: CB500-4 323 pipes baffle fix?
Post by: Bryanj on July 05, 2026, 08:44:47 PM
Not easily as you would damage the chrome
Title: Re: CB500-4 323 pipes baffle fix?
Post by: Johnwebley on July 06, 2026, 04:39:33 PM
I had an issue with one,

The baffle loose and vibrating inside the end trumpet,

I drilled a small hole, fitted small nut and bolt,used exhaust gunge to seal around the end,

Sprayed the end with satin black,

Took a lot of looking to see the repair
I think it was bottom right pipe

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: CB500-4 323 pipes baffle fix?
Post by: JezzaPeach on July 07, 2026, 05:58:31 PM
Many thanks John. Unfortunately mine seem loose nearer the front of the box. I’m going to try my usb endoscope gadget to take a look, wondering if I could get some resin down there.