Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Towsejames on July 06, 2026, 08:18:33 PM
-
Hi, I’m on the lookout for a set of 550F badges to go on the side casings if anyone has any kicking around?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Aren’t they transfers? The CB550k1/2/3 has metal badges but fairly sure the F side panel badges were decals.
-
Side panel or side casing?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Hi James,
Definitely decals as Ken says for F1 and F2. Piki (Diego) might have them but if not, DS or CMSNL
Might be different colours for maroon F2 - best check
[attach=1]
Ian
-
I think these are the ones I want (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260707/8494879f895e1aa12bfafc0212dd97a9.jpg)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
They don't look like anything I've seen on F models. Can't tell from the 2d pic you have posted if they are badges or transfers. The 'K' chaps might have seen those before but I've never had a K model. Are there any holes in your side panels for pins? If not and no sign of filling/repair, then they must only be transfers.
Ian
-
Those are only on K0,1,2 mostly US bikes and not easy tobfind in UK
-
These guys are good http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm
-
So I have x2 what I believe are 550k side panels and one still has the badge on. I’m after replacing the badge and fitting a new badges to my panels with 550F ones like in the pic
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
As you are already down the route of non standard, then just go for what suits and pleases you - it's your bike after all. If originality is your thing, then the F series bikes only had stickers, not badges.
Ian
-
You have to get your terminology correct if you want the right parts.
That picture is for CB 550 K bikes, the F model had stickers and different shape panels.
The F in the badge is the first letter of Four and not the model designation
-
Bryan is correct except for one small detail. The 550 badges you are after are from the CB550K0,1 and 2 ONLY. The CB550K3 did not have those types of badges fitted. You can often find the badge you’re after on the American eBay as they got all 3 of the models you’re looking for.
Sometimes you just come across one in the Uk where am import bike is being broken.
-
David Silver sells the ones you want James.
https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/by-part-number/partnumber_87124374000P
Repro but look decent and can't argue with the price. Has 3 left.