Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Athame57 on July 10, 2026, 06:15:36 PM

Title: A nice little parcel.
Post by: Athame57 on July 10, 2026, 06:15:36 PM
I got a nice little parcel today, it contained 4 x 10mm sockets.  8) I'm so fed up with looking everywhere for it when I need it  ::) I thought 'hey, buy a bunch of them and this won't happen'. We shall see! ;D
Title: Re: A nice little parcel.
Post by: K2-K6 on July 10, 2026, 06:28:24 PM
Good idea.
I keep my kitchen scissors in the fridge so that my family don't clear off with them for other tasks   ;D they've not found them yet  :)

You can get these 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/147067561521?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=23787305892&gbraid=0AAAAAB_7XZxjmCQur0lTs9H1pNJKV0hxG&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338723872&toolid=20006&customid=ReBTBRouAAAADE7rBvx46Vow9dKHAAAAAA&loc_physical_ms=9045911

Which are quite amusing.
Title: Re: A nice little parcel.
Post by: Laverda Dave on July 10, 2026, 06:33:13 PM
😂 A must have.

Do they make them for 10mm spanners as well!
Title: Re: A nice little parcel.
Post by: DomP on July 10, 2026, 06:51:23 PM
Thats like my paint tin openers, bought 5 so I dont lose them all but often misplaced them down to the last one.  Normally find the all eventually- 5 currently!
Title: Re: A nice little parcel.
Post by: andy120t on July 15, 2026, 06:45:30 PM
Definitely a problem with scissors in my house too. They either disappear from their normal place, or I hide them and forget where I put the - either way, the dog usually gets shouted at.

For me it's also 10mm spanners, of which I have loads but can't find them; and tiny flat-blade screwdrivers (used for all sorts of scraping and cleaning) but aren't ever there when I need them for their real purpose
Title: Re: A nice little parcel.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 15, 2026, 07:59:06 PM
Thats like my paint tin openers, bought 5 so I dont lose them all but often misplaced them down to the last one.  Normally find the all eventually- 5 currently!

Never heard of a paint tin opener - my tool has always been a screwdriver.🤔

I'm never too old to learn. 😀
Title: Re: A nice little parcel.
Post by: taysidedragon on July 16, 2026, 12:53:00 AM
Thats like my paint tin openers, bought 5 so I dont lose them all but often misplaced them down to the last one.  Normally find the all eventually- 5 currently!

Never heard of a paint tin opener - my tool has always been a screwdriver.🤔

I'm never too old to learn. 😀

My dad had some paint tin levers and would never ever use a screwdriver to open a tin. He was really old-school, and stubborn, it had to be the right tool for the job! I use anything handy. 👍
Title: Re: A nice little parcel.
Post by: Athame57 on July 16, 2026, 08:08:09 AM

My dad had some paint tin levers and would never ever use a screwdriver to open a tin. He was really old-school, and stubborn, it had to be the right tool for the job! I use anything handy. 👍

I think this use is why coins still exist!  ;D
Title: Re: A nice little parcel.
Post by: Bryanj on July 16, 2026, 10:07:24 AM
Nope, theys for tesco trollies