Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Where's My Old Bike? => Topic started by: Otis on July 28, 2026, 05:45:08 PM

Title: Honda CB750FB
Post by: Otis on July 28, 2026, 05:45:08 PM
1981 Model with Reg NUF 624W

Bought it new in 1981 for £1,762.00 from Redhill Motors in Brighton. I remember the day like it was yesterday and felt like I'd won the pools and gone to heaven.

I came off it in 1984 having done circa 30K miles and it coincided with me getting my first company car (actually a Renault 4 van) so I let the bike go cheap to a couple of chaps. I see it survived for a while on MOT checker but just wondered if it rang any bells?
Title: Re: Honda CB750FB
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 29, 2026, 06:38:53 AM
Ahh, Redhill Motors.

We were regulars up those little wooden steps to the parts department.
1976-79


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Honda CB750FB
Post by: cbxman on July 31, 2026, 06:56:28 AM
Ahh, Redhill Motors.

We were regulars up those little wooden steps to the parts department.
1976-79


Ah...a long time ago I was in there often having ragged my 1965 C100.... New piston and rings please.....I traded in my 1972 CB175 for a 1968 CB250....That was quick back then.

Surprisingly to me there was one of the stores guys who was into Ariel Square Fours and he had a pair of Mag Dynos he sold to me.  It was a fluke.. I asked him he knew where I could find such things ha ha.

Jerry