Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Oddjob on July 30, 2026, 11:59:20 PM
-
I had a short ride today on a z1000b. It still has the 4 into 2 system but fitted with reverse cone megas. Not an ideal system tbh, looked ugly. So with a view to maybe someday owning this bike I looked around to see if I could find a pair of standard silencers. Found some but £1200. Not ideal.
However Delkevic are offering a full set of 4 into 4 pipes for the z1 and z900 brand new for £1499. More expensive but worth the extra imo.
However no mention of them fitting a z1000. Tbh the z1000 looks identical to a z1 or z900, so I thought someone must have tried a 4 into 4 on a z1000.
Anyone know for sure if it does or doesn’t fit. I thought the z1000 was a 1978 model but I’m assured it’s a 1976 model if that makes any difference. Single front disc, spoked wheels.
-
Ring ZPower, they will know.
Just went on their website and found this.
.Exhaust system 4-4: Z1 -Z900- Z1000 (replica)
AFTERMARKET PART
18001Z1-REP
The replica STD LOOKING 4-4 system for the 900 models.
FITS ALL 900 MODELS FROM 1972-1976
Z1-Z1A-Z1B-Z900A4 KZ900A4/A5 KZ900-LTD
WILL ALSO FIT THE Z1000 MODELS BUT WILL NEED OUR Z1000 FITTING KIT.
(CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW)
http://www.z-power.co.uk/exhaust-fitting-kit-4-4-onto-a-z1000
Expensive but doable.
-
Will have a look at that. Sounds to be exactly what I’m looking for. Cheers.
-
Fitted a set of Delkevic pipes to my Z900 and they are pretty well made and line up very well .
The only difference on the Z1000 is the silencer mounting points on the frame . They are on frame loops on the early bikes and on a sheet metal plates on the Z1000.
Buy the mounting kit from Z Power or fabricate your own if you are able and they will work perfectly . I don't think you'll regret it as they look and sound a treat !