Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Yetanotherbike on August 05, 2026, 02:11:14 PM

Title: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Yetanotherbike on August 05, 2026, 02:11:14 PM
When I joined this forum, I think I mentioned that I had a CB400F that has been a project for a long long time. I had a couple of spending spree's in recent times, but after yet another house move, I'm not really any closer to finishing it.
I'm one of those people who always seems to have lots of unfinished projects around, sadly I now know this is connected to my ADHD which didn't get diagnosed until my late fifty's.
Over the years I've had a lot of bikes, but there are three main ones that I still lust after, a BMW R90s, a Moto Guzzi Le Mans and a yellow Honda CB400F.
Reading the forum a few weeks ago, I was reading some messages posted by 'teenybop1' AKA as Peter Mackin about selling his lovely yellow CB400F.
A growing realisation that I'm not getting any younger was nagging at me and I might not achieve my dream Honda. The result being after a brief exchange of messages and telephone conversation I'm delighted to announce that I am now the proud owner of Peter's beautiful yellow Honda CB400F2.
My bike courier DWT courier services (who I can highly recommend for anyone who needs one in North Wales) was gobsmacked when he saw Peter's bike and said, if I changed my mind about it, he would buy it off me!
I will probably put my old unfinished project up for sale to give myself more room or I may hang on to it for when I retire in a couple of years and I can devote more time to my projects.
So my sincere thanks to Peter for making my dream Honda happen.

Merry Christmas to all  :D





Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Skoti on August 05, 2026, 02:14:31 PM
Well done indeed.

It's well known on this forum that yellow Hondas are the fastest ones.

Enjoy! 
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Oddjob on August 05, 2026, 02:17:02 PM
Are they faster because they resemble projectile vomitting? 😀😀😀😀😀
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Yetanotherbike on August 05, 2026, 02:19:45 PM
At least you admit they ARE faster  :)
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Laverda Dave on August 06, 2026, 09:01:27 AM
Well done for buying the bike from Peter and keeping it in the forum 'family'. It's very pretty bike with a lot spent on it and restored to a very high standard.
The yellow ones are of course the fastest, it's been well documented on here 🙂. Sometimes they are capable of 150mph+ in the right hands, downhill and with a force 10 gale behind it, I think I read it in a magazine somewhere........🤔.
Enjoy it over the summer and beyond.
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 06, 2026, 10:16:18 AM
I remember the problems Peter (teenybop1) had with the firm who did his restoration work, whilst its sad that Peter has parted with the bike, good to know it has a new custodian here.
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Nurse Julie on August 06, 2026, 04:02:20 PM
That's a nice bike you've bought off Pete. I remember many emails  between Pete and myself back when he was having issues with the original restorer, I helped out by advising him where to get it all sorted out properly. It's nice it found a new  home with a forum member.
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: teenybop1 on August 13, 2026, 06:30:40 PM
That's a nice bike you've bought off Pete. I remember many emails  between Pete and myself back when he was having issues with the original restorer, I helped out by advising him where to get it all sorted out properly. It's nice it found a new  home with a forum member.
I will always be grateful for the encouragement you gave me julie, when roger the dodger played funny buggers. Hope he enjoyed spending his ill gotten gains.hopefully karma will come knocking at his door in the near future. If it wasn't for health issues with both me and my flattie I would never have moved the bike on.Robert has been an absolute gentleman and I hope he has many happy miles riding the wee beaut.
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Athame57 on August 13, 2026, 06:54:39 PM
She's a beauty, it's a shame she isn't RED though!  ;D
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Nurse Julie on August 13, 2026, 09:52:09 PM
That's a nice bike you've bought off Pete. I remember many emails  between Pete and myself back when he was having issues with the original restorer, I helped out by advising him where to get it all sorted out properly. It's nice it found a new  home with a forum member.
I will always be grateful for the encouragement you gave me julie, when roger the dodger played funny buggers. Hope he enjoyed spending his ill gotten gains.hopefully karma will come knocking at his door in the near future. If it wasn't for health issues with both me and my flattie I would never have moved the bike on.Robert has been an absolute gentleman and I hope he has many happy miles riding the wee beaut.
I'm sure Roger would rather have karma knocking on his door than you knocking on it Pete 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: Bryanj on August 14, 2026, 01:01:56 AM
You can do it with a length of angle iron and drill two holes to fit two bolts in
Title: Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
Post by: teenybop1 on August 14, 2026, 01:42:00 PM
That's a nice bike you've bought off Pete. I remember many emails  between Pete and myself back when he was having issues with the original restorer, I helped out by advising him where to get it all sorted out properly. It's nice it found a new  home with a forum member.
I will always be grateful for the encouragement you gave me julie, when roger the dodger played funny buggers. Hope he enjoyed spending his ill gotten gains.hopefully karma will come knocking at his door in the near future. If it wasn't for health issues with both me and my flattie I would never have moved the bike on.Robert has been an absolute gentleman and I hope he has many happy miles riding the wee beaut.
I'm sure Roger would rather have karma knocking on his door than you knocking on it Pete 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lol julie,I actually spat my coffee out there....ps seriously, thanks for your messages and advice, your a star.