Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: deltarider on August 16, 2026, 05:58:13 AM

Title: Adjusting the carbs on my CB500. What worked and what didn't.
Post by: deltarider on August 16, 2026, 05:58:13 AM
I've finally found time to finetune the carbs on my CB500 Four. I also wanted to see if I could come to a kind of reference for how the original 4-4 on a CB500 sounds after a succesful tuning. My report is quite detailed, so I offer it here in PDF format. It includes a warning that an often suggested procedure, even by Honda, although in principle right, is simply not doable on a CB500 Four. You're invited to read, question and comment. Possibly the method also works on CB550s, the ones with similar oldstyle carbs and identical exhausts. This is how my exhausts now sound. I recommend using a headphone. https://youtu.be/KfZqwbVrVvk 
Title: Re: Adjusting my carbs on a CB500. What worked and what didn't.
Post by: Sesman on August 16, 2026, 08:57:44 AM
Nicely done that man. Take a cigar, sit back and watch the fun.