Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: bbrian66 on August 16, 2026, 03:52:06 PM

Title: 550 F2 Tank Badges
Post by: bbrian66 on August 16, 2026, 03:52:06 PM
Hi Guys. I can see this is not a new topic,  but I can't find an answer to my problem so I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction:

I need two new badges for the tank on my 550 F2 restoration. Does anyone know how or where I can find a set?

Thanks!
Title: Re: 550 F2 Tank Badges
Post by: Oddjob on August 16, 2026, 04:04:20 PM
Pair here. They'll come up ok with a little work.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1313743086

I know where there is one NOS, 87121 but not the other. Don't know the price you'd need to ask.
Title: Re: 550 F2 Tank Badges
Post by: bbrian66 on August 16, 2026, 04:18:19 PM
Hi Oddjob - thanks for the reply. I did see these,  but was concerned about three amount of damage. When you say 'come up with a little work' what exactly do you mean? They look pretty scratched.
Title: Re: 550 F2 Tank Badges
Post by: Oddjob on August 16, 2026, 04:29:22 PM
Yeah forget them, just noticed the little fixing tabs are broken off. I’ve used 22 carat gold leaf to repair tank badges, looks ok after. Some satin black Humbrol paint completes the look.