Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Oddjob on September 05, 2026, 03:49:37 PM

Title: No wonder it’s becoming expensive to restore a bike.
Post by: Oddjob on September 05, 2026, 03:49:37 PM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/257723029110?mkevt=1&plmtId=1100001&mesgId=8604729843702962499&mkpid=0&emsid=enull.m164380.l178264&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid&bu=43136868494&trkId=5bfb9fc6-4fbb-3fde-81bb-a2a767385f33&cnvId=375debb5-2944-4697-a3db-a4f8bb676c5d&cnvCtxId=02e3ce37-f254-47c0-ae0d-55af87f80a63&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20260905064651&segname&recoId=257723029110&recoPos=2

Taking the mickey or a reflection on just how hard they are find?

Title: Re: No wonder it’s becoming expensive to restore a bike.
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on September 05, 2026, 04:38:01 PM
That's why I'm carefully considering mounting the condensers on the coils and using standard distributor type ones because  OEM condensers are priced similarly and are probably donkeys years old already.

Regards
Dave
Title: Re: No wonder it’s becoming expensive to restore a bike.
Post by: Athame57 on September 05, 2026, 05:00:29 PM
Why not just go electronic? It makes your life easier too!  ;D
Title: Re: No wonder it’s becoming expensive to restore a bike.
Post by: Oddjob on September 05, 2026, 05:36:29 PM
I prefer points and condensers George, if they go wrong you have a chance to fix them, if electronic goes wrong it's a call to the AA or RAC. Plus if you use a Hondaman system like I am, then they don't wear out.

I have loads of genuine TEC condensers, I also have quite a few pairs of points, around 6 pairs IIRC. Anyone wants to offer me £50 a set of points I'd be willing to sell.  :) :) :)