Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: DB 77 Cb750k on September 06, 2026, 07:52:41 PM
-
Hey everyone, I’m a first time builder and an armchair forums user, so over the past year I have been building a cb750 chopper that I bought, originally it had a giant springer set up and was a bit far from my taste, I started in the engine and replaced all gaskets and rebuilt it to spec, then I removed the springer forks and swapped them for 77 superglide forks and front wheel then changed the rear to matching disc brakes and changed the rear axle to 3/4 and used a matching Harley wheel. In doing this I noticed that the headstock was partially dented and when I inspected I turns out whoever had raked it had only used 14 gauge steel to wrap back around instead of adding a filler where material was cut. I then replaced the neck tube and extended it about two inches. This brings me to a point. The bike is together and I’m working out kinks. I’ve ridden it at low speed. Because my carbs have given me so much trouble being not taken care of previously so I’ve ordered a set of Murray dual carbs as well as an electronic ignition to swap from the points system. I’ve also adapted to a 530 chain instead of the original 630 and change front and read sprockets to back off of torque due to the light nature of the bike. If this is too much I apologize I’m new and am looking for any advice critique or concerns and thank you in advance for any help
-
Not sure how to upload pictures
-
If you search - posting photos here from Fliker - it tells you an easy way.
Here in the UK Chopper has a different meaning. ;D ;D ;D
-
Ah, thank you. I’ll have a look.
Had to use google for that. Y’all are wild
-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/204926460@N02/55512257321/in/dateposted-public/
-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/204926460@N02/55512365673/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/204926460@N02/55512366048/in/dateposted-public/
-
I really if possible would like to get an opinion on the neck and as far as safety what is the consensus
-
I have little padding on my rear as it is, couldn’t imagine riding over the uk pot holes on a hard tail!😂
Don’t know if this is the correct forum for the type of information you are looking for but a great helpful bunch never the less. Cant personally offer any help but good luck and safe riding!👍
-
You may have fun with Murray's carbs. No personal experience, but a poor reputation on US SOHC fours. I picked up a decent set of used CB750 Keihins on Ebay about 2 years ago for under £200. They're out there.
-
Unfortunately fliker wont work for me, after you have a certain number of posts you can put pics direct into your thread, i too have read a lot of negatives about Murrat carbs and points ignition is reliable unless you are doing very high mileages, from your description i too would like fillets rather than a wrap arroung plate
-
Welcome to the forum. As you're in USA, have you joined the USA forum yet?, I think there are owners on there that have asked similar questions, they may also be a help to you.
http://forums.sohc4.net/