Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Morala on September 07, 2026, 09:10:53 PM
-
hi everyone I have a 1974 cb550f with 022a carbs I read somewhere that when you are setting the slide height you turn the tick over screw fully off first then set the slide gap not sure if I read the post right but I am in the process of cleaning the carbs and wanted to be sure before I set the gap any help would be great cheers.
-
Whilst this guide is for the 400/4 the section towards the end explains what is termed bench syncing, it gives the order of adjustment/assembly. https://www.vintagebikebuilder.com/cb350-400f-carb-rebuild-demonstration.html
If you use the search facility here there will be loads of posts on this subject.
-
Not quite,
Undo the tickover screw all the way
Check that ALL slides have bottomed out, if not unadjust till they do
Use the shank of a GOOD 1/16 drill and screw in the adjuster till the plain shank of the drill just slides under one of the slides from engine side
Adjust the 3 other slides to same
Check that all slides can still bottom out when screw wound out.
This should give you a good basic starting point
-
cheers bryanj wasn't 100% sure I read the older post correctly so thank you for pointing me in the right direction cheers
-
thanks Ted for getting back to me and showing me the link cheers