Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Yetanotherbike on September 12, 2026, 12:02:48 PM

Title: CBF500 Clutch cable
Post by: Yetanotherbike on September 12, 2026, 12:02:48 PM
Since I bought what is now my third CBF500 six months ago, I've noticed with this one, the gear change is very clunky and not very Honda like. There is also a fair bit of transmission noise too.
The clutch felt a bit odd the other day and I spotted the cable was starting to fray around the clutch lever, so I ordered a new pattern one @ £10 as opposed to the Honda item at £50!
The first the thing I noticed was the gear change has lost it's clunkiness. It has to be something to do with the adjustment, but I've set it as I always do. I'm guessing the old cable must have been stretching during operation and not fully disengaging the clutch hence the clunkiness. The transmission whine is still there. Has anyone had the same experience?