Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: martin_uk on October 02, 2026, 10:43:08 AM

Title: CB750 SOHC Gasket sets
Post by: martin_uk on October 02, 2026, 10:43:08 AM
I am helping a friend with his bike, which had oil burning and top end leaks.

As it has been a while since I rebuilt mine and suppliers change, it would be useful to get some current recommendations.

I see there are a number of suppliers of top end sets and am interested in member's experience.

Which is the most comprehensive set, to include cam carrier pucks, cylinder stud seal tubes, cylinder sleeve o rings, exhaust rings and valve seals?

Is it worth buying a genuine Honda head gasket seperately?

Advice and recommendations on value for money and quality appreciated.
Title: Re: CB750 SOHC Gasket sets
Post by: Martin6 on October 02, 2026, 05:07:22 PM
2 years / 4,000 miles ago, I bought a full gasket set from David Silver. So far so good.
Title: Re: CB750 SOHC Gasket sets
Post by: Skoti on October 02, 2026, 05:50:03 PM
Was lucky to get a genuine Honda top set from a dealer in Germany, but paid a painful 200 Euro.
That was 10 years/36,000 miles ago, Seems worth it now.

At that time all the genuine gaskets and O rings were available separately from DS/CMSNL but worked out more expensive.

I didn't fancy having to do the job twice and felt safer with genuine stuff.

Good luck
Title: Re: CB750 SOHC Gasket sets
Post by: Spitfire on October 03, 2026, 09:31:43 AM
I have always used genuine Honda head gaskets, I paid a hefty price for the CB750F2 head gasket that I bought but in the long run it is worth it.

Cheers

Dennis
Title: Re: CB750 SOHC Gasket sets
Post by: martin_uk on October 03, 2026, 12:05:03 PM
Appreciate comments.

I see DS do 2 options on pattern gasket sets one at £55plus vat and another (Vesrah) at £95 plus vat.

Unfortunately, it is not clear what the full contents are. ???
Title: Re: CB750 SOHC Gasket sets
Post by: Bryanj on October 03, 2026, 12:21:04 PM
Way back when Vesrah was always the go to decent set
Title: Re: CB750 SOHC Gasket sets
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 03, 2026, 01:19:52 PM
We've used lots the Vesrah kits, always good quality and to be honest, £95.00 isn't that much really in the great scheme of things, I get less than ¾ of a tank of Diesel for that 🤣🤣🤣
Title: Re: CB750 SOHC Gasket sets
Post by: Bryanj on October 03, 2026, 03:17:05 PM
Think about the trucks deliveringbthe bits, 450 litre tank average 8mpg so 3-400 litres a day