Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: WestMids-CB on October 03, 2026, 01:35:58 PM

Title: Wiring help needed
Post by: WestMids-CB on October 03, 2026, 01:35:58 PM
A few weeks ago I disassembled the front end on my K5 for a clean and refurb. As wiring is my achilies heel I took a lot of photographs of the birds nest in the headlight bucket as I knew I'd come unstuck once the time came to plug in the wires bd I had no reference points , since my phone decided to not automatically back up my photos I'm now in a pickle as I have no reference for the wiring.

Some wires are colour coded and easy to work out but there are others that I'm having problems with.

My question is, does anyone have a fool proof way of explaining to me which wires go where? Or better still have time to come over and give me a hand in person (tea and biscuits provided or some beer tokens can be given).

I did find a clip on YouTube but the wiring was for a cb 350 and not all the wires are colour coded the same as mine so it was only half useful.

I'm located between Stratford upon Avon and Evesham so if anyone can help then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: royhall on October 03, 2026, 01:39:23 PM
Too far for me sorry. As a good starting point, buy a Clymer manual for it as they have full colour wiring diagrams and that helps enormously.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: Bryanj on October 03, 2026, 03:15:16 PM
West midlands is a big area, postcode would help and dont forget diesel is at £2 a litre now!!!
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: WestMids-CB on October 03, 2026, 03:16:17 PM
B50 Bryan
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: Bryanj on October 03, 2026, 03:20:06 PM
About 3 gall fuel plus time and have to fit in with 4 on 4 off when my wife is working as our combined time is precious!!
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: WestMids-CB on October 03, 2026, 03:22:52 PM
No worries.
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 03, 2026, 03:54:32 PM
A few weeks ago I disassembled the front end on my K5 for a clean and refurb. As wiring is my achilies heel I took a lot of photographs of the birds nest in the headlight bucket as I knew I'd come unstuck once the time came to plug in the wires I had no reference points , since my phone decided to not automatically back up my photos I'm now in a pickle as I have no reference for the wiring.

Some wires are colour coded and easy to work out but there are others that I'm having problems with


You are never too old to learn how to sort out the wiring in a motor Cycle headlamp.
How hard can it be?
I was in your situation back in 2020 when I did my first project at the age of 72.
If you can wire a three pin plug you can certainly sort out the Birds nest.

I found that if you take your time, be methodical it's not as difficult as it looks. One problem can be identifying the colour of a wire that has faded with age. Worth cleaning the ends with solvent like Meths, pair back the insulating tape on the loom so you can identify the original colours.

When you connect the obvious wires where the colours match and the connectors are male to female you will quickly reduce the unknown wires to a manageable few. Often there are the odd wires from a loom that are 'spare' as they use the same basic loom for different markets.
Also there is a general chart of Honda wiring colours and what they are used for.

Unfortunately my Laptop suffered a major failure last week and I ended up with being unable to access my files due to not knowing the Bitlocker code. I've lost about 3 months of files as I had been lax with backing up on a regular basis.

I will hunt down the list I have of Honda wiring colours and post it as soon as I can.
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 03, 2026, 04:05:42 PM
You should find these helpful, one was composed by a member here, the second I found on the www.
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: WestMids-CB on October 03, 2026, 05:06:19 PM
You should find these helpful, one was composed by a member here, the second I found on the www.

Many thanks
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: Ricardo1500 on October 04, 2026, 09:22:48 AM
Hi

I have a decent colour wiring diagram and a written list of headlight bucket wiring connections for my K6 so it should be close. If you'd like to pm me your email address I'll gladly send it all as a pdf

Cheers
Rich
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: WestMids-CB on October 04, 2026, 09:29:55 AM
pm sent   :)
Title: Re: Wiring help needed
Post by: Ricardo1500 on October 04, 2026, 12:13:53 PM
Done :)