Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: bbrian66 on October 09, 2026, 12:45:30 PM

Title: Carb spindle seal
Post by: bbrian66 on October 09, 2026, 12:45:30 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the felt seals that go on the butterfly spindles on the carburettors?

I stripped my carbs to clean them. Im now thinking I should not have removed the butterflies or the spindles as some of the tiny felt seals have been damaged or lost in the process.  ARRGH!
Title: Re: Carb spindle seal
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on October 09, 2026, 01:53:36 PM
I made some using a home made 'cookie cutter' and some wool felt.

https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,32423.0.html

Regards
Dave

Title: Re: Carb spindle seal
Post by: bbrian66 on October 09, 2026, 02:17:02 PM
Hi Dave - that's really impressive. Do you still have the tool? Would you be willing to stamp out a set for me? I'd happily pay.
To be clear,  these are for the choke shaft which is only about 6-7mm dia.