Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Yetanotherbike on October 11, 2026, 12:38:14 PM
-
Can I ask for some advice please good people.
I wanted to replace the tyres on my CBF500. Couldn't find any tyre depots on the island (Anglesey) that supply and fit bike tyres . I called a local motorcycle dealer, who said he doesn't supply tyres but he will fit tyres to loose wheels if I supply them at £22 per wheel . Ordered a pair of Bridgestone Battlax from Black Circles and took them to the shop on Monday for fitment.
He said they'd be ready at the end of the week. Went to collect the wheels on Saturday and noticed one of the wheel spacers was missing. He started arguing the toss but eventually conceded it was missing and agreed to get another one. That was annoying because that's another week I will be without my bike, which means another week commuting in the car.
Unloaded the wheels from the car when I got home and I noticed that the direction of rotation arrow of the tyre on both wheels appears to be pointing the wrong way.
Before I go back and to the shop and give them a piece of my mind, can I just double check that I am right as this always helps during an argument!
Picture with the sprocket which is mounted on the nearside like most are (But not all) turns anti clockwise when viewed from the near side.
Picture showing the front disc is viewed from the offside as the disc is mounted on the offside of the bike and the wheel rotates clockwise.
I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm my suspicions. Many thanks
-
I do know that on my 400 the rear tyre (Dunlop) is marked with a rotation arrow for rear fitting , when viewed from the left side follows the anti-clockwise rotation of the wheel.
My front tyre however is effectively reversed for front fitting, to maximise the grip for braking as opposed to accelarating on the rear tyre. There is a marking on the right side showing an arrow for front fitting
iIt could be that some tyre brands are constructed differently.
That rear tyre is definitely wrong.
-
Can I ask for some advice please good people.
I wanted to replace the tyres on my CBF500. Couldn't find any tyre depots on the island (Anglesey) that supply and fit bike tyres . I called a local motorcycle dealer, who said he doesn't supply tyres but he will fit tyres to loose wheels if I supply them at £22 per wheel . Ordered a pair of Bridgestone Battlax from Black Circles and took them to the shop on Monday for fitment.
He said they'd be ready at the end of the week. Went to collect the wheels on Saturday and noticed one of the wheel spacers was missing. He started arguing the toss but eventually conceded it was missing and agreed to get another one. That was annoying because that's another week I will be without my bike, which means another week commuting in the car.
Unloaded the wheels from the car when I got home and I noticed that the direction of rotation arrow of the tyre on both wheels appears to be pointing the wrong way.
Before I go back and to the shop and give them a piece of my mind, can I just double check that I am right as this always helps during an argument!
Picture with the sprocket which is mounted on the nearside like most are (But not all) turns anti clockwise when viewed from the near side.
Picture showing the front disc is viewed from the offside as the disc is mounted on the offside of the bike and the wheel rotates clockwise.
I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm my suspicions. Many thanks
Had it not been for the photos you included in the posting, your experience would have seemed unbelievable.
Are there any proper motorcycle dealers in Anglesey?
-
Both are definitely wrong. My Triumph front tyre was fitted the wrong way round when I bought it.
-
C.W.C fitted my 400 front tyre the wrong way round.
To their credit they collected my front wheel, returned it a few days later, all f.o.c.
-
Thank you very much gentlemen for you opinions, it's very much appreciated. After my experience of the so called motorcycle dealer so far I will ask for my money back and the cost of the wheel spacer that they lost and go elsewhere. Sadly I have zero confidence or trust in them. I would like to keep it local but It's no hardship going to the mainland, but it just means more time and mileage.