Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on January 31, 2011, 08:11:14 AM

Title: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 31, 2011, 08:11:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently got some really nice oil hoses from a 1975 K model from the US .Very expensive but nice condition plus I got stung for import duty and Royal Mails fee. One hose is longer than my original K0 hose and ChrisR spotted this and told me they are probably from an F model (with the 392 part no not 300).

My K0 hose is 175mm between ferrules and the USA bought one is 195mm.

I appreciate that at one point in production the K model  hoses were moulded to a curved contour to match the installation because of the straight hoses kinking and restricting oil flow.

The guy I bought them from is adamant they came friom a K oil tank not an F. Anyone know the differences? I need to clear this up with him ASAP. He does seem an honest guy though.

Cheers!!

AshD
Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: AshimotoK0 on February 01, 2011, 07:15:13 AM
Hmm no response yet. Bryan?

UKPete - Big favour- can you measure the hose lengths on your K1 and your F2 for me please. I just want to check that the K series  'moulded contour' type were not slightly longer than the earlier 'straight' K hoses. I suspect ChrisR is dead right though - I have an F2 hose not K2 (just like the barrels and pistons I got off Ebay, which were' definitely'  K1 according to the seller but turned out to be from an F1).

One of these days I may just have enough original parts to build this bike!!! Seems like Ebayers want me to own an F series!

Joined the Honda twins forum too - got the 'feelers' out for a really good 68/69 K0350 twin. seem like a decent bunch.

Best regards,
Ash
Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: UK Pete on February 01, 2011, 08:32:45 AM
Hi Ash, i will measure them for you tonight
Pete
Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: Seamus on February 01, 2011, 01:16:57 PM
Hi Ash,
I have a pair of hoses off my K1 (a bit tatty) but they measure at 175 between edge of ferrules and 145 for the shaped one

(http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r31/Gearbox_photos/SDC10074.jpg)

I had a set remade with braided hose by a local manufacturer as the original hoses had deteriorated very badly, but I guess you need originality.

hope this helps

Seamus
Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: Bryanj on February 01, 2011, 03:41:47 PM
Sorry mate I dont got a 750 around right now BUT I do have some hose in my lockup somewhere, probably F but i will measure them when i find them, if you want them for the ends postsge + a beer to to mate
Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: UK Pete on February 01, 2011, 06:33:59 PM
Hi Ash,its impossible to measure the K1 lines on bike, but i have measured my F2 set which are not on bike yet, luckily Seamus has measured the k1 lines for you

(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/cb750%20rear%20rails/PICT6639.jpg)

(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/cb750%20rear%20rails/PICT6640.jpg)

(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/cb750%20rear%20rails/PICT6641.jpg)
Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: Seamus on February 01, 2011, 06:44:41 PM
Not sure if it was clear, but my measurements were the lengths of the visable braided hoses, not including the ferrules. I hope that was what was meant

Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: AshimotoK0 on February 01, 2011, 07:19:27 PM
Seamus's K1  lengths match my K0 ones  exactly between ferrules. Just need the F2 lengths now which I am guessing will be 195mm for the  longer one (175mm K0/K1). Can't make the actual lengths out from the pics Pete sorry!

Basically I think the guy has sent me F series hoses.

Cheers for all of your help guys.

Ash
Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: UK Pete on February 01, 2011, 07:57:09 PM
Sorry Ash the measurments are 235mm and 190mm from edge of ferrules
Pete
Title: Re: Oil Hoses K and F
Post by: UK Pete on February 04, 2011, 08:31:34 PM
Hi Ash whats the update  are your oil lines right or wrong?
Pete