Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: UKROBK7 on February 03, 2011, 08:16:40 AM

Title: cb750k7 mudguard
Post by: UKROBK7 on February 03, 2011, 08:16:40 AM
Anybody know what the difference is between the single stay front mudguard for the CB750K7 and that for the CB550K3?  They have different part numbers but look the same on photographs.

Rob
Title: Re: cb750k7 mudguard
Post by: Yoshi823 on February 03, 2011, 10:57:31 PM
From what I can remember the 750K7 item is slightly longer at the bottom edge so that less is thrown onto the oil filter housing.
Title: Re: cb750k7 mudguard
Post by: UKROBK7 on February 04, 2011, 12:09:21 PM
Thanks Yoshi.  Can anyone who has a CB750K7 with an original single stay mudguard measure it up for me please.  If you can take measurements along its centre line length and also the distance from the centre bracket rivets to the front and back ends I would be gratefull!  I have an old 'guard here but now I don't know if its for a K7.

Thanks Rob
Title: Re: cb750k7 mudguard
Post by: H2Eric on February 05, 2011, 09:58:44 AM
Hi Rob

I have the mudguard from a K8 (frame N0. 28xxxxx) with a single stay. Probably just the same as the K7 unless any of the gurus out there know different. Anyway it measures 82cm down the centre line or 32 and a quarter inches if you prefer. Hope that helps.

Cheers
Eric
Title: Re: cb750k7 mudguard
Post by: UKROBK7 on February 05, 2011, 12:33:48 PM
Thanks Eric, according to my info they have the same part numbers so I will check mine.  I have also sent you a PM.

Rob
Title: Re: cb750k7 mudguard
Post by: UKROBK7 on February 14, 2011, 08:42:05 AM
Correct mudguard now sourced!!  Thanks for the help with this.

Rob