Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: UK Pete on February 04, 2011, 08:14:58 PM
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130479091354&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130479091354&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)
-
Can't be.
Private bidders - how many of them were his mates?
-
I know that you cannot buy new ones anymore but that is one heck of a price when you can get AM ones and drill them.
Cheers
Den
-
I think he is from York and bought lots of old stock from old dealers. Seems to have some rare stuff . He sold a 250K0 twin NOS tank for a fortune a few weeks ago. I also have a theory that he originally restored the 1st UK CB750 bike.
Good luck to him if he was astute enough to stockpile parts when nobody wanted them. Trouble is on Ebay people bid silly money (often more than DSS sells them for or even Honda do new!!) He doesn't start them off at silly money but people bid up to silly money for them.
Cheers
Ash
-
Might not be as strange as it sounds . . .
. . . the only NOS pair of CL450/SL350 bars I've ever seen went on US ebay for
-
I just fitted my nos F2 bars today, i managed to get them for
-
F2 bars are also unavailable !
Den
-
Makes my NOS K7 bars at
-
Ebay is crazy. A second hand F2 side panel went for more than a new one a couple of weeks back. Does anyone know a source for new bars, as I've been quoted
-
-
-
Just a question on CB750F2 bars, I need a pair for mine and will probably plump for AM ones, I measured a wrecked pair and came up with the following
Width - 29.5"
Rise - 2"
P. Back 5.5"
Centre width - 4.5"
Is this about right ?
Cheers
Den
-
Hi Den, i will measure my bars for you tomorrow, i had a quick measure with them on bike just now but it was a bit awkward so i will get my old ones out and get the measurments off them
Pete
-
This is a great thread and what makes forums like this so useful - with my sleuthing it was able to put the the new owner of the 1st UK imported CB750 in touch with the guy who originally restored it :)
Cheers!! AshD
-
Thanks Pete, that would be great.
Cheers
Den
-
Ok Den here are my measurments for standard F2 bars
width = 720mm end to end
Rise = 60 mm measured from straight edge across top of bars to top side of bottom tube
width across bottom = 135mm measured flat area before it starts to bend
width across top = 300mm straight edge across top and width measured until no gaps between bar and straight edge
I hope this is of some help, it is awkward to measure as two different people will measure it in different ways, let me know if you want anymore
Pete
-
Hi Pete, that is great, thank you very much.
Cheers
Den