Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: supertech on February 25, 2011, 12:43:18 PM

Title: Brake Caliper
Post by: supertech on February 25, 2011, 12:43:18 PM
Hi Guys,
I have been lurking on this and the US site for a while, and have gleaned loads of useful information but I have an issue which requires some of your expertise. I recently purchased a  Cb750 K2 US import and am in the midst of stripping it down with a view to turning it into a cafe racer. The bike unfortunately had the front brake caliper assembly missing, and I seem to have come up against a brick wall with regard to finding a replacement at a reasonable cost. Does anyone know if there is an alternative I could use in its place which would only require minor modifications as I have limited access to a machine shop. Thanks in advance :)
Title: Re: Brake Caliper
Post by: UK Pete on February 25, 2011, 02:10:57 PM
Hi supertech, welcome to the forum, the brake calipers do come up on ebay from time to time, maybee if you search ebay worldwide you might have more luck
Its great to see some of the lurkers come forward, it is what makes a good forum the more of us that contribute
I hope you have some luck with your caliper, maybee some one on hear will have one kicking around, good luck with the cafe build, if you get the chance can we see some pictures
Pete
Title: Re: Brake Caliper
Post by: Spitfire on February 25, 2011, 02:16:52 PM
Hi and welcome, unless someone on the forum has one to spare, then eBay is your friend, you just have to be patient.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Brake Caliper
Post by: supertech on February 25, 2011, 02:29:35 PM
Thanks guys. I guess patience isn't one of my strong points. I have seen an assembly at David Silvers, where I have spent a fortune already, but
Title: Re: Brake Caliper
Post by: kaceyk2 on February 25, 2011, 02:35:04 PM
Hya Bro, I emailed someone for you who just may have one, hopefully, hes a busy guy so give it a couple of days for him to get back to me.....will let you know straight aways as soon as I hear from him...no promises, but hes helped me out before.....
Title: Re: Brake Caliper
Post by: supertech on February 28, 2011, 07:21:13 AM
Cheers for that. Hopefully it will be good news.
Title: Re: Brake Caliper
Post by: kaceyk2 on February 28, 2011, 02:47:54 PM
Bad news supertech, he aint got one.... but I believe all calipers for the front K1-K6 are the same... They do come up...  keep a close eye on ebay.... it shouldnt cost much in postage if you got one from ebay dot com,
And generally i have found it only takes seven to ten days from the USA for stuff to arrive....Good luck.
Title: Re: Brake Caliper
Post by: supertech on February 28, 2011, 03:21:09 PM
No problem. Thanks for taking the trouble to look. Will keep my eye out on ebay