Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: PMK on February 25, 2011, 03:17:27 PM
-
So today I take the Honda for it's MOT. 1777 miles since the last isn't bad....not great but not bad when you consider I have the Hoglett too.
Anyways it didn't fail but the side light and rear light only worked on the park position of the ignition switch. So this means I had no rear light. The brakelight worked just fine. The tester was quite happy for me take it away to fix.
So off with rear light for testing and we aren't getting any power at the side light side on normal but we do have power on park.
HMMMMMMMM........
I resisted the temptation to reach for a hammer but undid the headlight to poke about at the ignition switch wires.
This is what I found
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/PaulG80/CB750/P1030091.jpg)
I think the word you are looking for is Eeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!
Anyways I wiggle the brown wires (that join to purple ones on the switch) and the side light comes on.
*Does a little dance of joy*
I remade the connection and tested then shoved it all back as I couldn't look at it anymore.
Looks like a job for another day with heatshrink etc.
And all done without a fire of any description too
-
well done for the pass!! ( and a good mot inspector too...using his discretion magic) I cant look inside your headlight.. It makes me want to sort it out. I have an excellent source for japanese bullet connectors, they come with clear see through sleaves for both ends of the wire and are totally waterproof, they come in the "doubles" as well....(for another day?) regards..kacey
-
Well done paul, i also took mine for an mot today, thats a proper birds nest you have in your headlight shell
Pete
-
I cant look inside your headlight.. It makes me want to sort it out.
Feel free mate ;D
-
That looks nasty, but having said that I went through the wiring on mine, cleaned every connection, applied dielectric grease and had the same rear light power failure due to a loose connection ! Must be a weak spot.
Cheers
Den