Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: kaceyk2 on March 03, 2011, 03:06:04 AM

Title: Have I "lost the plot" or is this funny....
Post by: kaceyk2 on March 03, 2011, 03:06:04 AM
I dont know how I found this, or why, an ebay item. two pics (you need to look at both)
Is this just ridiculously funny?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TT-600-FRONT-FORKS-SPARES-TT600-B409-/260708103864?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cb369f6b8 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TT-600-FRONT-FORKS-SPARES-TT600-B409-/260708103864?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cb369f6b8)
Title: Re: Have I "lost the plot" or is this funny....
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on March 03, 2011, 08:49:21 AM
I assume that his skip was full that day then?
Title: Re: Have I "lost the plot" or is this funny....
Post by: pauliexjr on March 03, 2011, 10:00:36 AM
No, it's the new Hinckley mod for parking your TT600 into tight spaces!
Title: Re: Have I "lost the plot" or is this funny....
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on March 03, 2011, 11:33:52 AM
 ;D

That's one way of speeding up the handling by reducing the trail...
Title: Re: Have I "lost the plot" or is this funny....
Post by: kaceyk2 on March 03, 2011, 06:15:07 PM
Maybe if you "turned" em so they were bending forwards you wouldn't need to alter the headstock angle in a chop-project.  DISCLAIMER: Please, for the love of gawd, don't try this. oh dear, oh me, oh my, oh my.
Title: Re: Have I "lost the plot" or is this funny....
Post by: matthewmosse on March 04, 2011, 11:42:49 AM
I geuss you might want the nuts and bolts out of the end? I wouldn't trust the alloy bits if the stanchinons were so totally mashed as the same impact might have put some nasty cracks in the alloy somewhere less than visable. Really just trow away stuff............
Title: Re: Have I "lost the plot" or is this funny....
Post by: Yoshi823 on March 04, 2011, 01:22:36 PM
'Low milage' the advert says.

Just about says it all really.