Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: UKROBK7 on March 07, 2011, 07:07:36 PM

Title: K7 seat cover solved!
Post by: UKROBK7 on March 07, 2011, 07:07:36 PM
Solved the difficulty in getting a correct K7 seat cover.  I've give up and bought an old stock seat from the USA!!!  I've been looking for over a year and its the first one I've seen on ebay that the seller will ship to the UK.  Others wouldn't ship because of the hassle.  Slight corrosion on the chrome ends of the strap but not a problem as I had my spare ones rechromed.  The original alloy? strip is in great condition, the cover is soft and the foam is perfect.
Also had a good buy on UK ebay at the same time - a new F1 warning light panel and harness for virtually the same price as buying a reproduction panel decal.  Since this is the same as for the K7 I'm well pleased!
Rob
Title: Re: K7 seat cover solved!
Post by: UK Pete on March 07, 2011, 07:31:30 PM
Thats good news rob, i bet your well pleased
Pete
Title: Re: K7 seat cover solved!
Post by: AshimotoK0 on March 07, 2011, 08:14:24 PM
It's always nice to get what you are looking for Rob. Sadly there are loads of sharks out there on Ebay and you always open the delivery box with trepidation.

Nice one!!

Ash
Title: Re: K7 seat cover solved!
Post by: UKROBK7 on March 07, 2011, 08:36:53 PM
That's why my wife always gets to open the box first!!

Rob
Title: Re: K7 seat cover solved!
Post by: Spitfire on March 08, 2011, 10:00:45 AM
It's always a great feeling when you track down "that" part, I remember finding a metal back mudguard for my F1 to replace the plastic F2 one that is currently fitted, it's a grand feeling (must get around to painting and fitting it !)

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: K7 seat cover solved!
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on March 08, 2011, 11:44:25 AM
I bought a 500K0 seat from eBay US and Bob Wessner shipped it over for me.

$60 for the shipping mind!
Title: Re: K7 seat cover solved!
Post by: UKROBK7 on March 09, 2011, 04:16:38 PM
Seats on and it looks great!  Now to get the engine together and the paintwork finished!  Shipping was 71.20 dollars on the ebay listing and it cost the guy that much to send it so he was very fair.

Rob