Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Seamus on March 25, 2011, 12:17:54 PM

Title: Electrical help
Post by: Seamus on March 25, 2011, 12:17:54 PM
Regarding a K2 750, constantly blowing fuses. If I remove the live from the regulator the fuse stops blowing. Seems like a direct short to earth via the regulator.

Is this likely? I assume that there should not be continuity between the live feed on the regulator and earth.

Any thoughts on the problem or is it a simple regulator replacement?

Thanks for any advice

Seamus
Title: Re: Electrical help
Post by: Bryanj on March 25, 2011, 03:46:57 PM
More likely a trapped/rubbed through wire where the regulator wires join to the generator field coil behind the side casing(s).

Check the restistance between the green and white wires to the genny and both to earth
Title: Re: Electrical help
Post by: Seamus on March 25, 2011, 03:51:56 PM
Thanks Bryan, I'll have a look at that.

Appreciate the advice