Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: SteveD CB500K0 on April 09, 2011, 07:41:47 PM
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CB400F-CB500-CX500-CD175-CB400N-FRAME-PLATE-DECAL-/270731312569?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f08d7fdb9 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CB400F-CB500-CX500-CD175-CB400N-FRAME-PLATE-DECAL-/270731312569?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f08d7fdb9)
-
A bit of a grey area I would guess. I know that Norvil Motorcycles do them for Nortons, but you do have to provide evidence of ownership.
Probably someone being helpful and not fully aware of other folk who would try a scam.
-
Sorry mate, been away for a holiday!
Yes its legit as at one time honda actualy had a part number for a vin plate/frame plate (whatever) but just stopped doing it.
The none legit part is using one to change the ID of a frame and even that is legal (as long as you own both and its not stolen!!) as long as you do not mis represent it when selling
-
I have got a new plate for my F2 as the old one is a bit second hand, not a 100% copy but good enough.
Cheers
Den
-
I know that when Les Emery at Norvil stamps up a frame plate he insists on seeing the bike and the logbook to be 100% certain it is above board.
I know this because he did one for mine.
I can't think of how any specific offence would be tied to simple sale of a frame plate, unless it didn't relate to the bike for which supplied in which case you could be open to several aid and abets, and possibly conspiracy if you were shown to be dishonest in what you were selling.
While it is great to think that you can get any spares for any bike, I think as a supplier of these parts you could easily get taken for a ride by the less scrupulous, so in many ways it is a bit naive just to bang them out over ebay. More 'caveat vendor' than 'caveat emptor' I suppose.
(I knew that Latin A Level would come in handy one day, even if I did only get an 'E'!)