Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: HondaFour on April 15, 2011, 12:33:57 AM

Title: Hello from the Inner isles
Post by: HondaFour on April 15, 2011, 12:33:57 AM
Hello all,

This is just to introduce myself

I am a Honda Four fan with a couple of 550's and two CB750's - one a K4 and the other a DOHC american import 1982. I am just now sorting out the 1982 DOHC which came from D&K in Newcastle. I also have some other bikes which I have restored - I generally buy a wreck and then have fun sorting it out and tracing parts for it. I sold the red K6 a while ago

Regards to all, especially those in Scotland - summer is not far away and the great biking roads beckon!

Hubert
Title: Re: Hello from the Inner isles
Post by: K2-K6 on April 15, 2011, 08:41:02 AM
Hello Hubert and welcome to the forum.

They look like nice examples of Honda SOHC history, I guess your roads have a little less traffic to get out and enjoy them than down here near London.

Title: Re: Hello from the Inner isles
Post by: Spitfire on April 15, 2011, 08:42:57 AM
Welcome and yes they certainly look nice bikes.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Hello from the Inner isles
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on April 15, 2011, 09:43:52 AM
Hi and welcome Hubert.

Do you go "touring"?   :)

Steve
Title: Re: Hello from the Inner isles
Post by: HondaFour on April 15, 2011, 10:12:58 PM
Hi all and thanks for the welcome

I do go touring, the island is about an hour from Oban by sea so I get the early ferry out have a ride over Glencoe lunch at the Green Welly stop which is great and get back on the last ferry.

I have had rides up to the wilderness in the North, staying over at Ullapool as a base. I generally go on the 82 Wing which is more comfy for 50 something bones and joints.

Cheers

Hubert