Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Frevrod on May 27, 2011, 02:17:26 PM

Title: Old newby
Post by: Frevrod on May 27, 2011, 02:17:26 PM
Hi, I'm Martin from Leighton Buzard, I'm new here but been on some other forums for years.

Current bikes are a BMW F800ST and Yamaha BT1100 but I've just picked up a 1978 CB750F which had been in the back of a mates garage for over 20 years, in fact the tax disc still on the bike ran out in 1990. 
I'm hoping to at the very least get this back on the road. It's in pretty good condition really, the engine spins and the wheels turn although both brakes need rebuilding.  It looks like an ideal first project.
Title: Re: Old newby
Post by: meerkat on May 28, 2011, 08:43:51 PM
Hi Martin, I know you from the other forum (F800).
Welcome to this one and good luck with your 'new' project.  :)
Title: Re: Old newby
Post by: Spitfire on May 29, 2011, 09:19:43 AM
Welcome, it will be nice to see another F being brought back to life.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Old newby
Post by: Bryanj on May 31, 2011, 02:08:06 AM
78F should be a black engined F2 which means the exhaust valve guides will be shot but apart from that they are usually OK