Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: UKROBK7 on May 28, 2011, 11:00:56 AM
-
Quick question! On the 750 77 K7 (and possibly other late clutches?) the outer clutch plate spiral goes anti-clockwise, what about the spiral on the other plates, does it go in the same direction or clockwise? I imagine one way throws excess oil off so I don't want to get it wrong! The Honda manual only shows straight cut friction plates
Help!!
Rob
-
Just had a look in my GL1000 manual and that clutch is all spiral plates. That manual states that ALL plates should point in the same direction, in the Goldwings case this is clockwise. Since Honda says the last plate on the 750K7 should point anti-clockwise then all plates should point anti-clockwise - Yes?
I think that the Goldwing has a contrarotating clutch and alternator to balance out the torque so that may explain the differences in plate direction.
Help still needed!!
Rob
-
OK, no replies! The plates are all going in anticlockwise to match the front plate. Logically, since the clutch goes clockwise this will allow the plates to get rid of the excess oil better. I'll see if I'm correct when the back gets used! Its an easy fix if I'm wrong.
Rob
-
I am sure there is a bulletin on it here Rob but I can't open the site must be down
http://www.sohc4.net/index.php?q=node/134 (http://www.sohc4.net/index.php?q=node/134)
Cheers Ash
-
Thanks Ash, I've just tried various ways of getting into the bulletins and it won't let me either. I did see a photo of a 78 clutch that someone was having problems with and that had straight cut plates not spiral cut like mine. The bulletin he was recommended concerned drilling extra oil holes in the clutch hub to give smoother clutch action. When I test rode my bike before completely stripping it the clutch worked fine and it measures up as new. The problem I found was that the person had assembled the clutch sequence incorrectly and also the spiral plates were put in random directions. I think I may have a set of non-Honda clutch plates but don't want to change it because as I say it measures up as new specification. It will be an easy change once its back on the road if there is a problem.
I will keep trying the bulletins.
Rob
-
It does seem to be busted this morning.
Glenn uses Twitter to inform as to status: http://twitter.com/#!/sohc4 (http://twitter.com/#!/sohc4)
However, there's nothing on there either (mind you, it is 4am over there)