Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: randka on May 30, 2011, 02:05:57 PM

Title: Fuel tap 400/4
Post by: randka on May 30, 2011, 02:05:57 PM
Has anybody got any tips for stopping a weeping fuel tap, I recently replaced the strainer and rubber washer with a kit supplied by Silvers but they dont stock a rebuid kit for the tap body, it seems to be weeping were the turn key is , I have tried everything so any ideas would be appreciated
Title: Re: Fuel tap 400/4
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on May 31, 2011, 01:25:34 PM
Is there a gasket in there?

If so, use it as a pattern and cut a new one from brown paper.
Title: Re: Fuel tap 400/4
Post by: randka on May 31, 2011, 05:29:33 PM
Hi Steve, I have had the tap apart a couple of times to clean etc because of the leak, there is an O ring type gasket in there so I assume its not doing its job because of age, I thought I could just get one easily but it hasn't been the case.
Title: Re: Fuel tap 400/4
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on May 31, 2011, 05:55:08 PM
O-rings are tricky.

If you can measure it accurately, BryanJ has been known to be able to find an 0-ring or two in his Alladin's Cave (garage)