Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: UKROBK7 on May 31, 2011, 08:09:03 AM
-
This is for all you serial engine rebuilders! What torque values should you use when joining the crankcase halves? The values I have are:
Main bearing long M8 bolts: Honda Manual 14.5-18.1 ft lb. Haynes says 17-18 ft lb
Other M6 bolts: Honda Manual says in section 9-6, torque all bolts to 14.5-18.1 ft lb, in the Torque Data section at the front of the manual it says M6 crankcase bolts (quantity 6!) 13-15.9 ft lb. Standard value for an M6 bolt on this engine is 8 ft lb. Haynes says 8 ft lb in their book. I believe there are errors in the Honda Manual data as this is not the first time I have found wrong values.
The 2 x M8 and 1 x M10 bolt at the rear of the crankcase: I assume you use the same torque for these as you use for the surrounding M6 bolts?
what do you reckon?
Rob
-
Straight answer---Don't know only ever used the torque wrench on the main bearing bolts!!
-
Thanks for the reply, that's what I will do! I'll torque the main bearing bolts to spec' and pull all the others down evenly to the M6 standard.
I used to go by "feel" on other engines I've worked on but they were a bit looser on tolerances (literally) compared to Honda engines so I wanted to make sure of what others do
Rob