Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: ted_paper on June 06, 2011, 08:34:55 PM

Title: Newbie with Air Cleaner Lid Problem
Post by: ted_paper on June 06, 2011, 08:34:55 PM
Hi, after 9 months finally got a '77 Varnish Blue which has been off the road for a few years.
This is my first bike for many years and the challenge is to get it up and running again.
At the present, my bike is at the local garage having the carbs balanced but I have only just realised that it is missing the air cleaner lid.
I'm having problems getting hold of one of these and would like to know is there any compatability with any other models which might be easier to get hold of?
Title: Re: Newbie with Air Cleaner Lid Problem
Post by: meerkat on June 06, 2011, 09:19:45 PM
Hi, after 9 months finally got a '77 Varnish Blue which has been off the road for a few years.
This is my first bike for many years and the challenge is to get it up and running again.
At the present, my bike is at the local garage having the carbs balanced but I have only just realised that it is missing the air cleaner lid.
I'm having problems getting hold of one of these and would like to know is there any compatability with any other models which might be easier to get hold of?
They turn up fairly regularly on eBay which is where I found mine, it's a good one and I paid
Title: Re: Newbie with Air Cleaner Lid Problem
Post by: steven400/4 on June 06, 2011, 09:38:49 PM
cb350/4 are the same look on german or u s a ebay there,s a few on there
Title: Re: Newbie with Air Cleaner Lid Problem
Post by: ted_paper on June 07, 2011, 06:01:03 AM
Thank you for your replies - never thought of looking at the other ebay sites!
Cheers
Title: Re: Newbie with Air Cleaner Lid Problem
Post by: buxtonmick on June 07, 2011, 04:52:12 PM
Ted, I might have one in the garage.  If so,