Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: CruiserUK on June 07, 2011, 07:06:47 PM

Title: Final drive shaft K7 or F2 - where do i find one?
Post by: CruiserUK on June 07, 2011, 07:06:47 PM
Hi guys,

This is my first post here as I am also new to working with the CB750's.

I bought one a couple of months ago to keep myself busy over the winter months (CB750 F2), however I couldn't wait and have enjoyed stripping the bike down to the very last nut and bolt.

In the restoration process, my first real problem I have been unable to solve is, finding a replacement final drive shaft? (the spline is truly trashed on mine)

I have learnt that the F2 shares the same shaft as the K7 but is now discontinued.

Does anyone know where I might start to look for a good used one? I've tried E-bay and most of the UK breakers with very little luck so far.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave
Title: Re: Final drive shaft K7 or F2 - where do i find one?
Post by: Bryanj on June 08, 2011, 06:56:37 AM
Try ebay.com or our sister US site, but be advised its airmail only from the USA now
Title: Re: Final drive shaft K7 or F2 - where do i find one?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 08, 2011, 01:00:08 PM
Depends on how long you are prepared to wait - I have one somewhere offa scrap k7 but its probably going to take a while to find it. Dont really want anything for it.

also when I was last looking for 750 parts I seem to remember that the Oxford Classic honda guy had some K7 engine parts.

Stangely his address seems to be this at the 'mo

http://www.classicvolvos.co.uk/ (http://www.classicvolvos.co.uk/)


Cheers

Ash
Title: Re: Final drive shaft K7 or F2 - where do i find one?
Post by: kaceyk2 on June 08, 2011, 06:04:57 PM
I got a spare one as well, for postage and a little towards parts I need.
Title: Re: Final drive shaft K7 or F2 - where do i find one?
Post by: CruiserUK on June 08, 2011, 06:14:44 PM
Fantastic!!!!

My current spline allows about 5mm rotation of a new sprocket, does yours look fairly good?

Your another life saver, thanks Kacey

Oh and of course i'll pay for it!
Title: Re: Final drive shaft K7 or F2 - where do i find one?
Post by: CruiserUK on June 08, 2011, 06:19:57 PM
And thanks Ash and Bryan,

I didn't realise that you couldn't see all of the USA parts on our UK E-bay, there are five of these for sale over there - heavy shipping costs like you said though!

And Ash, if you do get the time to look that K7 one out I would of course pay for it.

Thanks again all, i've got my fingers crossed with cheesy grin  ;D
Title: Re: Final drive shaft K7 or F2 - where do i find one?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 17, 2011, 12:21:08 PM
Have not forgotten your shaft - will try to post it tomoorow sorry for delay but mega busy work wise

Cheers! AshD
Title: Re: Final drive shaft K7 or F2 - where do i find one?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 11, 2011, 05:06:42 PM
Posted your output  shaft today 1st class post - so look out for postman tomorrow!
Hope it works out OK

  Sorry for delay - madness at work !! No time for bikes at 'mo.!!

Cheers!

Ash D