Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: SeanFD on December 06, 2005, 09:15:48 AM

Title: Original Paint Colours
Post by: SeanFD on December 06, 2005, 09:15:48 AM
I am restoring a 1974 K2. It is blue and I am trying to identify the correct paint colour, and a source of same.

I think it might be \"Planet Blue Metallic\".

Anyone got a part number and a source?

Thanks
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: jimshea on December 06, 2005, 11:02:58 AM
Sean,
Welcome. Are you in the UK?
Jim.
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: SeanFD on December 07, 2005, 07:19:57 AM
'Fraid not Jim, at least not living there. I could probably get the colour on the bike matched here - Zimbabwe -, but since it has faded and the quality of paint is poor - I'm being very diplomatic here - I'd rather try and get some original.

So I need to source the paint so  can get someone here to do the job for me. I will be visiting UK early next year and could get it then if it's possible.

Cheers, Sean
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: jimshea on December 07, 2005, 09:03:54 AM
Sean,
Zimbabwe sounds interesting. Been to SA a few times but not anywhere else in Africa. Just to make you feel good, there was a heavy frost over night and it is too cold to ride the bike today.
I will find out what I can on the paint and get back to you.
If you go to DSS  http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk   and fill in the Identify my bike link they can tell you the colour, maybe?

Cheers,
Jim.

Post edited by: jimshea, at: 2005/12/07 10:07
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: JonnyB on December 07, 2005, 01:48:01 PM
Wuss ;)
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: jimshea on December 07, 2005, 05:07:07 PM
John.
What does wuss mean?
Also, did you see my email about doing a wrtie up on teh charity run? Shall I just post it in misc?
Jim.
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on December 08, 2005, 01:33:21 PM
wuss = wimp...

I feel quite comfortable derailing this thread as John started it!

Sean - I'm going to have to refer you to www.sohc4.net - have a wander around there and look out for colour (they call it color ...). We have various sources of paint kits once you discover what you need.
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: jimshea on December 08, 2005, 04:04:13 PM
Bloody cheek, at least I have a bike to ride and I did yesterday and today!!:P
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: JonnyB on December 08, 2005, 07:40:16 PM
Sorry, Jim No offence meant ( ;)  ) and besides it has been a very warm November. Email me the article, with pics to me. I'll look out for it. been having a spot of bother with spam
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: jimshea on December 09, 2005, 09:19:42 AM
John,
No offence taken, when you are as 'gobby' as me you have to take as good as you get! :) :) Btw, It is very cold this morning and I am going out for a ride now completely naked! Now there's an image to have in your head!
I did send the charity review via the site and via email, let me know if it shows up?
Cheers,
Jim.
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: nozmo1 on February 04, 2006, 02:31:58 PM
I'm looking for the original \"Brown\" paint for my '71 CB 750. Can anyone help me locate it.
Mike
Title: Re:Original Paint Colours
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on February 04, 2006, 02:51:28 PM
These's a guy in the US who sells kits for the two and three pack Honda paint. He comes highly recommended. Give him a shout: dondirtbiker@excite.com

Post edited by: SteveD CB500F, at: 2006/02/04 14:53