Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: jimshea on December 06, 2005, 11:04:01 AM
-
I have checked the Haynes and have decided this manual is only for people who already know everything about these bikes!
Anyway, behind cylinder 3 on the top of the engine case(directly under the carb boot for 3) there is a stiff plastic tube that has a threaded end going in to the engine case.
What is this for?
My one is not screwed in all the way, there is a gap of maybe 1/4-1/2\" and there is a small amount of oil leaking from there.
Should this be screwed in all the way? or is there supposed to be a gap
Cheers,
Jim.
-
I have found out that this is the oil pressusre sensor. But should it be seated all the way down, or should there be a gap?
-
I had a look on the engine casing I have spare and it looks as though it threads in as far as it can, there isn't a seal. and as you can see from the rust line in the photo, don't screw all the way down (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/P1010083.jpg)
-
Chees'
The concensus is do not screw in all the way, apparently soem teflon tape aorund the other thread stops any leaks?