Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Graeme77 on July 15, 2011, 09:05:10 PM

Title: finned exhaust clamps
Post by: Graeme77 on July 15, 2011, 09:05:10 PM
Is there any well trodden path with these?

Mine are letting the bike down really.

I cant seem to find any more, and i assume there all rusty by now anyway.

Can they be successfuly re-chromed? Or, do people paint them?
Title: Re: finned exhaust clamps
Post by: Spitfire on July 16, 2011, 09:26:24 AM
Had mine rechromed, no problems.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: finned exhaust clamps
Post by: Hinomaru on July 18, 2011, 02:19:28 PM
If you're not concerned with performing a correct restoration, consider ceramic coating the clamps. I had my CB750 K done in the polished chrome-like finish back in 2006. The cost (then) was $10.00 (USD) each. Three out of the four still look like new and the fourth clamp is beginning to show a bit of rust between the fins. 

This website gives an example: http://www.jet-hot.com/ (http://www.jet-hot.com/)

Perhaps you have this type of coating service available in the UK?

Title: Re: finned exhaust clamps
Post by: Yoshi823 on July 18, 2011, 02:29:10 PM
Hadleigh Custom had some ally ones back in the '80s, which I bought as they were featherlight by comparison to the standard ones. But these distorted too much when done up tight. So I cut the finned part off so that I had only the oval section left, then grit blasted & painted with heat dispersnat paint.