Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: steven400/4 on July 18, 2011, 09:29:25 PM

Title: clocks
Post by: steven400/4 on July 18, 2011, 09:29:25 PM
does anyone on here restore clocks or no anyone that does i have all the stuff
thanks steve
Title: Re: clocks
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 19, 2011, 08:43:39 AM
There's a guy in Holland called "lecram" on the .net site that does this. He mostly supplies new faces but I'm sure that he rebuilds entire instruments as well (ask him!)

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=80692.0 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=80692.0)

Title: Re: clocks
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 19, 2011, 08:44:54 AM
Just checked and he's on here too:

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=1635 (http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=1635)

Title: Re: clocks
Post by: steven400/4 on July 19, 2011, 08:18:40 PM
thanks steve he,s not intrested oh well i,ll keep looking
Title: Re: clocks
Post by: kent400 on July 20, 2011, 06:33:25 PM
I restore the 400f instruments, in fact on the 5/6/10 I emailed you a instrument restoration guide on the subject as requested that I have written. I assume at that time you were considering a DIY job on yours. If I can assist further PM me.
Title: Re: clocks
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 21, 2011, 09:03:19 AM
I knew there was someone else Peter - sorry for forgetting you!

Maybe you should write it up for the "For Sale" section. I'll sticky it for you.

Steve
Title: Re: clocks
Post by: kent400 on July 23, 2011, 09:01:24 PM
That's O.K, Steve, I try to keep a low profile! I've perfected a technique and made tooling to remove/refit the band around most of the instruments fitted to the SOHC fours. I work full-time so a pair a month is enough! Quite happy to provide advice to anyone who is contemplating restoring their instruments.