Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Galea on July 22, 2011, 12:28:33 PM

Title: CB750F Super Sport engine guard
Post by: Galea on July 22, 2011, 12:28:33 PM
Hello, I am the new owner of a Honda CB750F Super Sport and I would like to fit an engine crash guard.  I saw some on ebay, but they were mounted at 2 points on each side and they seem to be likely to fold against the engine in the event of a crash or tip-over.  Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent pair of sturdier 3 point ones?  Thanks in advance  :)
Title: Re: CB750F Super Sport engine guard
Post by: K2-K6 on July 22, 2011, 07:57:44 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think your concerns may be true in that if they are just a seperate cage fitted each side they can be bent backward on impact and case damage even to the engine mount casting.

The most relible that I know of are connected together across the front of the engine (under the exhaust/above the oil filter) as this tube gives a better load path to reduce the impact on the mounting points, one side effectively supporting the other.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with a current supplier as I'm looking at one that was fitted in the 80's but hopefully this will help with your search.
Title: Re: CB750F Super Sport engine guard
Post by: Galea on July 22, 2011, 10:33:15 PM
Thanks for the welcome and advice, will keep on looking  ;)
Title: Re: CB750F Super Sport engine guard
Post by: Bryanj on July 23, 2011, 06:28:47 AM
The small engine bars now made in Italy and supplied by Dave silver are adequate for the normal fall over /gentle slide without damaging the cases. the bigger ones were "Hondastyle" made by Rickman and have not been made for many years now
Title: Re: CB750F Super Sport engine guard
Post by: Galea on July 23, 2011, 11:34:59 AM
Thanks Bryanj, do you have a link to a picture of the bars supplied by David Silver and maybe their order number?
Title: Re: CB750F Super Sport engine guard
Post by: Galea on July 23, 2011, 11:46:32 AM
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/graphics/parts/PEB%20750_large.jpg (http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/graphics/parts/PEB%20750_large.jpg)

Found it thanks!
Title: Re: CB750F Super Sport engine guard
Post by: Bryanj on July 23, 2011, 12:01:25 PM
Thems the ones mate, they ain't as robust as the ones made 30 years ago but then what is! will protect the outer cases from road rash anyway, have fun
Bryan
Title: Re: CB750F Super Sport engine guard
Post by: Galea on November 29, 2011, 08:45:18 AM
I got a set from this ebay seller and I'm well pleased with them  :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB750-CB-750-K1-K7-F1-F2-ENGINE-CRASH-BAR-/150685235302 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB750-CB-750-K1-K7-F1-F2-ENGINE-CRASH-BAR-/150685235302)

Seller's picture: