Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: crashburnfly on August 17, 2011, 08:57:44 AM
-
Having owned it for more than 20 years and having not ridden it for the last 10, its time to find the "Dinosaur" a new home. I have posted some pics and more info here -
http://www.go-faster.com/Honda500Four.html (http://www.go-faster.com/Honda500Four.html)
I had always thought is was a Yoshimura exhaust, but any thoughts on what it is?
and would welcome any thoughts on its value. Having chatted with a very helpful Bryan I am fairly certain why I had fuel leak and (from the bolts that hold the petrol tap to the tank - leaking washers) and I think I have just sourced some of these.
-
hi i like the look of your bike and may be interested in buying if you could PM me with a guide to the price or ring me on 07870112945 after 6 pm i will be down south in a couple of weeks so could come and view. Thanks, Mick
-
I am unsure about the price as I may sell it as is or sort out the sticky front brake and get the carbs stripped/rebuilt and balanced and then MoT it.
I think with an Mot and running it would be over
-
I thought they had to be really shiny with the right bits to be worth that much. When I tried to sell mine, fully working and on the road, I couldn't even get
-
I am not sure if its worth that, but having a look around the web these seem to be the sort of prices.
They do seem to be going up in value as the retro 70's bike interest is really starting to take off now.
I would welcome the comments of others on value?
-
i would value a project at about 1k if complete and with original seat and exhaust maybe a bit more, as with any bike they are worth what someone is willing to pay, some on ebay go for silly money but i have seen a few for
-
The Dinosaur has now found a new home. To be exact it has gone back to the old school mate that I got it from 20+ years ago. He will be getting it on the road shortly!
-
Glad your old bike found a new home ;), cheers Mick.
-
Nice to hear, tell him he can ring me when i'm at work if he wants info, same as i told you mate
-
Looks like a Yoshimura pipe to me. Believe they were made in UK under licence or similar by Dixon racing of Godalming.
They have a quite distinct downpipe and collector pattern that I can't remember anyone else using but do differ from the same brand sold in the USA it seems.
-
A four into one was put on mine, I think it was a Micron.
-
I'd say that's definitely a Yoshi pipe. It looks identical to the one I had on my first 500/4 back in 1979. And, as mentioned above, I bought my pipes from Dixon Racing in Godalming. I also had a set of K&N individual filters. I recall that it took me a while to get the jetting right.
The Yoshi pipe made a lovely noise, but I remember that the part of the "silencer" that curls under the bottom frame tube reduced the ground clearance on that side, so I ended up wearing a flat spot on it. Happy days!