Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: ColCB400 4 on August 19, 2011, 08:23:31 PM
-
Hi peeps
I am ColCB400 4 and have owned my CB400 Four for 20odd1985 years and picked it up for
-
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Bike looks nice. I like them with alloy rims and decent spokes, seems to be a good match to that era and would probably be specced like that if they were more expensive new from Honda.
-
Hello Everyone,
Been a HOC member on and off for about 20 years or so and thought I had better introduce myself.
My love of the CB400 Four started maybe 1987 when a group of teenagers were going to a second hand motorcycle shop, one of the guys was probably buying an inner tube or something, the rest just along for the ride. I owned a Z200 and one of the dudes was spouting off about how good the Hondas looked. I recall burbling on about the superiority of the Kawasaki line and dismissed the Hondas as an awful style
-
Hi Col, great story, so glad you still have and enjoy the bike ;D, just one question, why blank out part of the number plate on the later photos (blue tank) when it's clearly visible on the photo of it as a wreck (yellow tank)?
-
just one question, why blank out part of the number plate on the later photos (blue tank) when it's clearly visible on the photo of it as a wreck (yellow tank)?
:-[
well spotted...you have a good eye for detail nice someone noticed
-
Congratulations are in order for dedication and a job well done ! ;) ;)
-
Hi Col, nice story glad you still got the bike 8), and your bike looks stunning ;), cheers Mick.
-
Bike update
New seat commisioned to Tony Archer (Hudds). I am having a black leather seat made up in the standard pattern. He advised me to go for an "man made product" covering but I wanted to add a bit of luxury to the bike and in anycase it a sunny day ride so leather it is.
Found the Phil Denton Engineering website. Stainless Steel goodies, worked out a list coming to
-
Hello, nice 400 and looking good, mines not totally original but thats what we do to our bikes ;D
Cheers
Dave
-
Great story Col, beautiful bike, credit to you
replaced many unreliable girlfriends,
Did one of em take the lawn mower when she left? :D :D :D
-
@ Tomb, Hehe, what do you do when the other half buggers off... you go into the shed and focus on yer bike, happy days ;D