Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: H2Eric on September 07, 2011, 06:52:56 PM
-
Perchance somebody might be able to throw some light on this;
(http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac152/bsmeto/008-2.jpg)
I acquired it with a job lot of CR750 parts, but it certainly doesn't belong on a CR nor does it fit a CB750 that I know of. Its takes a 630 chain, 38T as you can see and the central hole is 103mm in diameter. The distance across the holes for the studs is 124mm center to center. Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks
Eric
-
I'd take a starting guess toward the first DOHC fours if you feel it's definitely Honda.
Something with quite a bit higher torque level like a 900 or perhaps CBX, a check of the standard gearing on these may get you closer or send you elsewhere.
-
F2 used 630 chain
-
The original std F2 sprocket in the manual seems to be missing the smaller holes, just has the set of large 8 holes and no face relief.
Thought the F2 had more teeth as std also but can't find a spec for it or it's sister bike the K7, both being the first 750 to have this larger 630 size as I understand.
The wieght reduction suggests a slightly later model and fairly small 38T a bike that has a higher top speed/torque capability than the 750.
-
Thanks gents
I think you're right in thinking that a lager capacity bike than the 750 is involved here. Someone has suggested that an RS1000 might be the candidate, but I can find no info in that respect.
Ant further thoughts anyone?
Cheers
Eric