Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: roo on September 11, 2011, 06:32:42 PM

Title: Newbie in Cambridge - 1978 F2
Post by: roo on September 11, 2011, 06:32:42 PM

Hi, I've just bought a 1978 F2 in reasonably clean condition. The plan is to Cafe Racer it.

Anyone know where I can get decent, reasonably priced, parts in the UK? I'm after the normal: ace bars; two-four style seat; new rear light/numberplate assembly. Could also do with a decent exhaust as it's got a Motad on and it's way too quiet ;D

Never owned a CB750 before but have had various bikes over the years: FSIE; KH250; RD350LC; Zephyr 1100; ZX6-R

As well as the CB I also own a ZX12-R, an Edwards rep RSV Mille and a KTM300EXC
Title: Re: Newbie in Cambridge - 1978 F2
Post by: hairygit on September 11, 2011, 08:45:21 PM
Funny you should mention ace bars, I bought a set on e-bay not an hour ago, but I bought them because they had both switchgears and master cylinder still attached, I dont actually want the bars! Give it about a week for them to arrive and for me to remove the bits I want, and they're yours. By the way, welcome to the forum, and you can't get better than a cb750! ;D
Title: Re: Newbie in Cambridge - 1978 F2
Post by: UK Pete on September 11, 2011, 09:06:15 PM
Hi welcome to the site, can you post a picture of your new project
Pete
Title: Re: Newbie in Cambridge - 1978 F2
Post by: roo on September 11, 2011, 09:42:53 PM
This is it ...
Title: Re: Newbie in Cambridge - 1978 F2
Post by: roo on September 11, 2011, 09:45:15 PM
Funny you should mention ace bars, I bought a set on e-bay not an hour ago, but I bought them because they had both switchgears and master cylinder still attached, I dont actually want the bars! Give it about a week for them to arrive and for me to remove the bits I want, and they're yours. By the way, welcome to the forum, and you can't get better than a cb750! ;D

That's very kind of you - what a great welcome to the site  ;D
Title: Re: Newbie in Cambridge - 1978 F2
Post by: Bryanj on September 12, 2011, 06:48:52 AM
F2 has known problems with wearing valve guides out, especially exhaust side