Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Paull on September 21, 2011, 09:52:33 AM
-
Hi All,
Just trying out picture posting, This is my cb550.
Paul
-
Very smart.
Did you build it?
What is it like on corners?
-
Hi Florence,
I did build it including, Frame, forward controls, Sissy bar,switch gear, fork plugs and on and on.
It handles very well indeed, it corners like its on rails, slow speed handling is very good.
1st gear 5 mph u-turns feet on pegs, no probs.
The problem I have is I hate revving it 5000rpm = 60mph, it is load and sounds like its going to blowup most of the time.
My normal ride is a Harley and thats my bench mark.
I have never had a revy 4 pot before, man do they rev.
Just got a cb650so willhave to get used to it.
Paul
PS I will post some before pics if you like(now I know how).
-
Yeah, please do put up some more pictures. I think it's very interesting.
As far as the revving thing goes, they don't even start to work properly until they get over 5000rpm and then they really start to bark. I think with that exhaust you would need ear plugs!
-
Hi Florence,
These are what she looked like when I got her.
She was in a very bad state.
Some would have scrapped her but I like recycling ;D ;D.
-
By the way if you need any of the crap left over just ask. tank, side panels, swing arm.
-
That is nicely done, very inpressive and a great way to revive a tired out bike that wouls cost quite a lot to rebuld as standard.
-
The before pictures show a similar condition to mine and I use mine regularly.
I love what you have done because it is so unique and personal.
-
Hi there Paull nice bike looks good i like the retro 80s style enjoy revving
dave
-
Hey Dave,
are you on Brit Chopper by chance?
-
Hi
Thanks for the comments.
I like her and she is unique, cause I made her.
I love it and will be out on it next year, after sorting a few teething problems.
I am on Brit chops too.
Paul