Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Paull on September 27, 2011, 04:36:21 PM
-
Hi All
I have an f2 the alternator coils show 1.2 ohms across the three yellow phase leads, it said 0.39 ohms in the Haynes. the other coil is fine 4.9 ohms as per the book.
I have 2 alternators and there the same as above.
The regulator is old and pitted on the top contact, can i just file it flat, it shows 0.5ish ohms between black and green lead.
How do i a just the voltage out of the reg.
New rect, so hope no probs with that.
Thanks for any help
Paul
-
The adjustment procedure is in the genuine honda manual
-
Thanks Bryanj,
-
Bryanj
Just downloaded the workshop Manuel makes the Haynes look like a comic.
It is still saying 0.35 ohms +-10% if under this unit it is defective, so I assume over is OK.
Will set up regulator as per the book and go from there.
Thanks
Paul
-
The accuracy of most multimeters under
-
Hi Bryanj,
Thanks, I never thought of testing the metre at source, I have a digital self-ranging metre under
-
Hi Chaps,
Well I have prodded, poked, polished and tested, no improvement whatsoever.
So I have bit the bullet and got myself an RR24 reg/rect.
I was just wondering if it makes any difference what phase wire (Yellows) goes from the alternator to the reg/rect IE yellow one to yellow one or can I just plug any of the yellows together.
I hope this make sense
Paul ::)
-
any yellow to any yellow, thats the beauty of 3phase wiring!
-
Thanks for that.
Paul
-
Hi All,
Success, got the bugger charging, 14.5v at 4000rpm.
It said on the new (RR24) reg/rect instructions that the green (earth) to the old reg has no connection.
This is infact not true, you have to connect it to a frame ground or the centre coil in the alternator won't work.
(New shiny thing will not work,bugger, ask me how I know) ;D
Thanks for all the help, we are getting there.
Paul