Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: kendo57 on November 01, 2011, 09:57:50 AM
-
Does anybody know the 'O' Ring size for the 550 float bowl or if
its possible to buy them seperate.
I bought a Carb O Ring seal kit off E Bay a while back but when i removed the
float bowl off one carb the seal has swelled and will not refit. I just hope the rest
of the kit was better quality.
-
I've found that anything swollen like that can also shrink back if left somewhere warm for a few days to let the vapours evaporate off, it can then be re-used. Just a thought.
-
Thats not something i had considered, will give it a go .
Worth a try.
-
Problems start when the only warm place is the airing cupboard, the house'll stink of petrol, not great for marital bliss :D
-
I have not tried it yet but also read that dropping it in boiling water does the trick.